Sewing Techniques for Accurate Curved Piecing : Basics and Beyond
You'll love this DVD if:
- You want to create accurate and appealing curves with a modern flair.
- You're looking for a fast, easy, one pin method for adding curves to your quilts.
- You want to freshen up traditional curved blocks with innovative color choice and practical shortcuts.
- You don't want to be a square! and you do want to add curves to your quilting projects.
Don't let piecing curves intimidate you! Angela Pingel will have you learning curved piecing in a fresh new way with her innovative approach in Sewing Techniques for Accurate Curved Piecing: Basics and Beyond. This Quilting Arts Workshop is the visual companion to her book, A Quilter's Mixology, and will give you all the tools you need to master curved piecing. Begin with an overview of tools and then dive into an array of techniques that will round out your quilting techniques.
Angela starts by teaching the quarter-circle block, a mainstay of curved piecing, which will set you on the path toward mastering curves. Work your way through traditional blocks, including the clamshell, apple core, and flowering snowball. Then, let loose with improvisational curves or challenge yourself by piecing ovals.
Order or instantly download your copy of Sewing Techniques for Accurate Curved Piecing: Basics and Beyond today to:
- Bring curved piecing into the realm of modern quilting with bold fabric choices and enlarged graphic blocks.
- Master the quarter-circle curve with helpful hints including the one-pin sewing method, disappearing seams, and trimming techniques for perfect matching of seams.
- Create whimsical quilts that are graphic, contemporary, and use curved piecing techniques.
- Tackle the flowering snowball pattern with easy-to-follow steps that will ease any apprehension you have about this block.
And so much more!
Whether you're looking to sew one curve or a myriad of complex curves, you're going to find lots of tips and tricks here. Angela Pingel
About the Artist:
Angela Pingel is a rising designer in today's modern quilting movement. A self-taught quilter who has been sewing for over 20 years, she holds degrees in both mathematics and interior design. Angela's designs can be seen in Modern Patchwork, Stitch, and her book A QUILTER'S MIXOLOGY, SHAKING UP CURVED PIECING.